Thursday, August 2, 2012

So, I'm writing a book.

So, After writing several short stories I've decided to try my hand at writing a full fledged book. I have started this blog so that I could keep track of stuff dealing with it. The blog will very much be a work in progress till I get it looking the way I want it. For now I'm using a template I found online. I'd like to add images and such, make it look more fun, but that will come later. I guess I'll start by posting a summary of the book I am writing.

 The Last Collector:
 In the year 2192, The Collectors saved humanity from destruction by defeating the insane cultists known as the Proteans, which ended the Shadow War. Since then The Collectors have had one goal: to collect and contain Shadow, an indestructible black liquid of alien origin that bestows its users with super-natural abilities. The abilities come at a cost, however, as the users of shadow are slowly driven mad. Over the years the enigmatic order has faded into little more than legend.
 It is a legend that 17-year-old Roswell Scraphunter now finds himself a part of. After Roswell’s family is butchered during the destruction of the town Wichit, Cain, the last known Collector, decides to take the boy on as his apprentice. Together they must find those responsible for Wichit’s destruction: A group of men and beast that carry a black banner adorned with a red trident, the mark of the Proteans. It is a banner that has not been seen since the cult of shadow users were defeated 200 years earlier. Cain and Roswell must find a way to stop the Proteans before they begin a second Shadow War. For if that happens, there is little chance that the broken remnants of humanity will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment